PARCC Field Testing is complete at CJHS. I appreciate the effort of those students that were selected in the field test. We had multiple "tech" issues, but the students were patient and did their best. Again, CJHS will not receive any scores from the field test. If all the issues are fixed this summer then every student in Illinois will be taking the new PARCC assessments in 2014-2015. Until then, we will just wait and see if that happens.
I believe the following are vital to your child's success:
1. Constant communication between home and school.
2. Check your child's homework for completion at home and sign your student's planner.
3. Review school work with your child.
4. Set a routine at home for your child and homework.
5. Student must complete homework and study on a daily basis.
6. Student must participate and ask questions in class. I encourage you to stay on top of your child's education.
Please call or email the staff for any questions, concerns, or just following up on your child's progress. Also, if you scroll all the way down you will find the student handbook attachment. The first section pertains to the Unit and the second section is specifically designed for the junior high students. To open these attachments you will need to use Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free by clicking HERE.