The State Board of Education (ISBE) has selected grades 5, 6, and 8 to participate in the field test for the new assessments (PARCC) that will be given in 2015. Your child may or may not be selected to participate in the field study. If you child is randomly selected then they will field test the PARCC test items. Scores will not affect the school or your child. In fact, schools will not receive any data on how well the students achieved on test items. If you have questions or concerns regarding the field testing then please call me.
I believe the following are vital to your child's success:
1. Constant communication between home and school.
2. Check your child's homework for completion at home and sign your student's planner.
3. Review school work with your child.
4. Set a routine at home for your child and homework.
5. Student must complete homework and study on a daily basis.
6. Student must participate and ask questions in class. I encourage you to stay on top of your child's education.
Please call or email the staff for any questions, concerns, or just following up on your child's progress. Also, if you scroll all the way down you will find the student handbook attachment. The first section pertains to the Unit and the second section is specifically designed for the junior high students. To open these attachments you will need to use Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free by clicking HERE.